SHORE EXCURSIONS FROM CALLAO AND SALAVERRY PORTS
001 - Lima Historic and Modern
- We visit Plaza 2 de Mayo, San Martin Square and the Main Square. We will visit the Cathedral and the main altar pieces. Then we walk to visit the San Francisco church and the catacombs.
- We will to see the residential area of Lima: San Isidro and Miraflores. On the route is possible to see Huaca Pucllana, Parque del Amor and Parque Kennedy.
- After this excursion we came back to Callao port.
002 - City Tour and Larco Museum
- We will see Plaza 2 de Mayo, San Martin Square and the Main Square. We will visit the Cathedral and the San Francisco church and catacombs.
- Then we move on to the Larco Museum, a chronological display with excellent pieces of the Peruvian pre-Columbian history.
- We will to see the residential area of Lima: San Isidro and Miraflores. On route we will see Huaca Pucllana, Parque del Amor and Parque Kennedy.
003 - Pachacamac Expedition
- Pachacamac is located about one hour from Callao port. This was the most important oracle of the Peruvian coast. The sanctuary was built during the influence of the Wari civilization and was in use during the Inca Empire until the time when the Spaniards looted the site and destroy the wooden idol of Pachacamac.
- We will visit different sections of the complex such as: the Accllahuasi or the temple of the Moon, the Plaza of the Pilgrims and the temple of the Sun.
004 - Ballestas Islands and Paracas Reserve
- We will visit the Ballestas Islands. We will see the Candelabra a similar figure the Nazca lines, as well as rock formations and a variety of marine species, sea lions, Humboldt penguins, chuitas, guanays, pelicans, oystercatchers’ tendrils, thousands of sea birds and sea lions.
In the National Reserve of Paracas we will visit the Interpretation Center and Julio C. Tello Museum. we as well visit Supay, Yumaque and Red beaches.
005 - A Magic Day in Trujillo
- We will visit the archaeological site of Huacas del Sol and La Luna and as well the Site Museum.
- Next to we go to the historic center of Trujillo where we visit the Main Square and the Urquiaga and Emancipation houses.
- In Chan Chan, the capital city of the Chimu Kingdom declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site we will visit the only one palace opened to the tourists.
- Finally we go to the fishing village of Huanchaco, here we will find the small reed boats "Caballitos de Totora" in use for about 2000 years.
006 - Machu Picchu Expedition
- First Day: Early we will pick up you from Salaverry port to Trujillo airport. You will flight to Lima to take the next flight to Cusco. In the afternoon you will have a City Tour to visit Sacsayhuaman fortress, the religious complex of Coricancha and the Cathedral.
- Second Day: Transfer from the hotel to the Ollantaytambo Station in the Sacred Valley to board the train to Machu Picchu. Your expedition in Machu Picchu is in the morning. In the afternoon return by train to Ollantaytambo and transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- Third Day: In the morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Lima and upon arrival transfer to your ship.